A Tasty and Simple Hummus Recipe
Recipe type: Meze
Cuisine: Middle eastern
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 1 800g tin chickpeas, drained (reserve around 50ml of the brine)
- 3 dessert spoonfuls tahini
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Juice of large, fresh lemon
- 1 glug olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to season
- Chilli flakes to decorate
- Add your chickpeas and brine to a bowl and mash them together.
- Add the tahini, oil and lemon juice.
- Mix them together, thoroughly.
- Now add the garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper.
- Mix again and do a taste test.
- Add more tahini or lemon juice to suit your taste.
- Add to a bowl and sprinkle the top with chilli flakes.
- Serve as a hummus dip for a snack or as part of your meze table alongside other dishes.