Indian Vegetable Rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 Cup Any Type Rice
- 1 Small Potato, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Medium Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tsp curry powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat oil in a medium size pot over medium heat and sauté onions for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté an additional minute.
- Add the rice, potato, mixed vegetables , salt, curry powder and turmeric and stir to combine.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 40 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork.